Thursday, July 5, 2007

A day to remember

Today was a busy day!!!

I woke up at 3:15am in a cold sweat, almost as if someone had tossed a pitcher of water across my head and chest. I wrote it off as a night terror, which I seldom (if ever) have. It took me a few moments to gather myself and realize what happened. Once I did, I got up and went to the closet for a towel.

In a twist of events, Michelle asked me if I was doing okay. You see, it's normally her midnight escapades to the kitchen for a refill or in the other direction to 'empty the tank' that cause my incoherent curiosity.

I told her that I was fine, but sweating like a chicken in Ahmed's kitchen. I managed to gather myself and get comfortable again before the window to recapture sleep had closed. And that was that.

"Water Broke!!!"

I jumped up thinking that this time I had somehow generated enough sweat to trick Michelle's body into thinking that it was game time. She repeated again, "yep, I think my water broke"

It didn't take long to realize that it was game time. After a brief moment in the huddle we figured out a game plan for the morning. Michelle hopped in the shower while I phoned the doctor and got all of our bags loaded into the truck. Once I had everything ready, I took the opportunity to wash the funk off from the sweat fest that occurred less than an hour earlier.

As you can see from the picture, Mom was pretty calm prior to our track to the hospital. If her water did not break, it would have been just like any other morning.



We got to the hospital shortly after 5am and Mom made a few friends early! Joan got us all set up prior to the end of her shift at 7am. We traded her for another wonderful nurse, Janette.

Janette coached Michelle from 8:30 until her delivery less than 3 hours later. And I am proud to say that she delivered Miles with 3 hard pushes and NO Epidural.


I SAID NO EPIDURAL!!!!!!!!!

I was very proud of her. She handled it like a woman and afterwards there was a beautiful little boy to show for all of her work. I don't think there will EVER be any pain of discomfort that I can complain about, at least not in front of her (or anyone that knows her for that matter).

Mom, Dad and Baby are doing VERY well and can't wait to introduce Miles to all of our family and friends. Here are a few pictures from some of our visitors today.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! You guys do good work! I am so excited for you both! Congrats! I can't wait to hear the story from Michelle! I am so jealous, no epidural!!! Good job Michelle!

Paige

Anonymous said...

Congratulation E'very and Michelle. What a beautiful baby boy. I love his name. You'll never believe how much you can love this sweet little baby!!

Pam Allen

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the pictures. Keep them coming. It is funny how different he looks already.

Michelle looks like she was on her way to grab some dinner.

"Sweatin' like a chicken in Ahmed's kitchen.". I laughed twice (2). First at the thought of a chicken's chances for survival in Ahmed's kitchen. Second, "Battle of Trafalgaren".

Anonymous said...

All that I can say is wow, what a cutie! He is truly amazing! Miles already has a distinguishable presence like his mommy and daddy! Michelle you are so right, his name is very fitting! Congratulations to you and E'very on your new bundle of joy!

SW

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Love the photos! You make a beautiful family.

Love,
Wy-King & Jackie Grant