Saturday, July 7, 2007

A "Thank You", from Miles

Wow!

So much to learn in so little time. In only 24 hours I had so many nice people come to see me and there were a lot of well wishes for me, my mom and dad. THANK YOU to everyone for welcoming me!!!

Here is how the first 3 hours of life in my new world went:

I came out and I saw a weird man with glasses looking at me. He didn't say anything to me, so I didn't say anything to him. When he decided to speak to me, I yelled at him. There was no time for small talk, it was chilly and I wanted to see my mommy.

I saw daddy snapping LOTS of pictures of me (he is very camera happy). Then, all of these strange people started wiping me and poking me and making strange noises at me and touching me with very cold things. It was all very crazy, especially the cold stuff. When I get big like my dad I am going to track down all of the crazies that were touching me with the cold stuff.




Then I got the chance to finally see my mommy! I was very excited and I think she was too, but she must have been hungry or needed her diaper changed because she started to cry a little. It was okay with me, because I just wanted to hang out with her.



Just when I started to get comfy, some strange lady came and took me to another room with a bunch of screaming babies. At first, I didn't understand why they were all screaming. Then the crazy lady took off my blanket and all of my clothes. First I am taken away from my tropical Hawaiian getaway and brought to this unexplored Alaskan frontier AND I don't get to wear any clothes!?!? This is madness!! So I flexed my muscles and asked the lady what was going on. She ignorned me so I yelled at her, just like the other babies. She didn't seem to be intimidated by my toughness, but it was okay because my dad was there watching over things in case she decided to get too far out of control.


She actually turned out to be a very nice lady even though she didn't have very much respect for boundaries. She gave me my first bath and washed my hair. After my bath, she even brushed my hair so that I could show off my cool hairline. She gave me back my blanket and all of my clothes then took me back to see my mommy!


When I got back there were two women that looked just like my mom waiting to see me. They both seemed to love me very much and I think I love them too!

We went to another room where I got to meet a lot of my new family and friends, and learn a lot about the 'goings on' around this strange new place.

Whew... only 3 hours and there had already been so much excitement and I still had another 21 hours to go. I sure am glad to have so many great people around me. There is so much to learn and I think I am going to need a lot of help figuring it out!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to everyone that called to check on me, to everyone that emailed mommy and daddy to wish us well and to everyone that stopped by to see me!

Love, Miles Jamison Ware

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I've done this twice and I can tell you it's a very special moment. Your life will be forever changed. Enjoy every minute of the immobility, 12+ hours of sleep because let me tell you - after doing this TWICE, your life is about to be a living hell. The cries during REM after watching a Monday Night Football, waking up at 6am on weekends. Countless hours of mind-numming children's programs, including - but not limited to - Thomas the Train and/or Bob the Builder. The boy going through "stages." Child protection laws and the looks you'll receive when you enforce corporal punishment. The boy breaking your friend's expensive glassware. The shock and feeling of hopelessness when you do your annual fiscal analysis of the amount of monies spend on diapers, formula, doctor's visits, and child care. The well-intention yet unsolicited advice you will be receiving in the next 36 months. The frustration when he can't communicate; the frustration when he can't communicate well enough. The wife getting mad because you don't give him enough attention due to Fantasy Football; the wife getting mad when you don't give her enough attention because you are compensating for time lost during Fantasy Football. Again, congratulations.

Anonymous said...

One more thing...no more vacations

Anonymous said...

E'very and Michelle,

He is BEAUTIFUL! You both did such a great job, nice work indeed! We can't wait to meet him. : ) I hope nursing goes as smoothly as the delivery seemed to go. Let us know if you need anything. Oh, and one more thing...do you want homemade gumbo or a chicken casserole?

Congratulations again,
Andrea, John and Sawyer Wellhouse

Anonymous said...

Dat little boy look just like Carlton Sr, I swear to God. Mmmmuhfff, yes he do, yes he do. Now does be some stroooong genes der. Get er done........